Scholarship for Students: Giving wings to dreamsEducate, Empower, Elevate
According to the government studies, out of 300 million school going age children only about 180 million of them are in schools. 48% of India’s children are not enrolled in higher secondary school because of financial problems. At Yuva, we have pledged to help maximum students.
The scholarship program aims to provide financial help to bright yet needy students from class 11th until they complete a degree course of their choice. The students are selected after completion of 10th grade /SSC through a rigorous selection process including test and interview.
Through its on-going efforts, Yuva has enrolled 1000+ scholarships (out of which 25 scholars are studying in 4 IITs i.e. Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, & Guwahati). We aspire to take this number to 2000 scholarships, by 2020.
Those selected will be eligible for a six-year scholarship of Rs. 25,000 per student per annum provided they keep doing well.Eligibility Criteria
- Students who have completed their 10th grade/SSC exam and have scored 80% or obtained 8 CGPA. The cut-off marks for students with disability are 75%.
- Family annual income should be less than Rs. 3 Lakhs.
- Application- Applications are invited through Yuva’s online Portal wherein all the deserving students can apply.
- Document verification- Thorough verification of the documents like mark sheets, income certificate, identity proof, residence proof, etc. is done
- Interview- Personal interactions are held with the students and family to know the background, dreams, and aspirations of the students
- House visit- Individual house visits are done to check the overall economic situation of the students.
- Selection- Final selection is done on the basis of interaction and document verification.
Gems of Yuva Unstoppable
Izma Banu Saiyed, daughter of a teacher, one of Yuva’s many scholar students scored 99.99 percentile in HSC Science and is the topper of Gujarat HSC Science 2018-19.
Vaishnavee Panchal, scholarship awardee, scored 99.99 percentile in HSC Commerce and is the topper of Gujarat HSC Commerce 2018-19.