EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PROJECT
According to the government studies, out of 300 million children of school going age, only about 180 million of them are in schools. 48% of India’s children are not enrolled in higher secondary school because of ﬁnancial problems.
Students who have scored more than 90 percentile or 9 CGPA in their SSC/10th grade or latest exams and have family annual income less than Rs.3 Lakhs per annum are awarded Rs 25,000/year up to graduation.
Through its on-going efforts, Yuva has enrolled 1000+ scholarships (out of which 25 scholars are studying in 4 IITs i.e. Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, & Guwahati). We aspire to take this number to 2000 scholarships, by 2020.
Those selected will be eligible for a six-year scholarship of Rs. 25,000 per student per annum provided they keep doing well.PROCESS OF SELECTION
• APPLICATION - Applications are invited through Yuva’s online Portal.
• DOCUMENT VERIFICATION - Thorough veriﬁcation of the documents like marksheet, income certiﬁcate, electricity bill, aadhaar, receipts, etc. is done
• TEST - Objective-type screening tests based on SSLC syllabus are conducted
• INTERVIEW - Yuva management team along with the volunteers, personally interviews students who qualify after the screening process
• SELECTION - Final selection is done based on merit, test result and interaction with each student.
• MONITORING & MENTORING - Regular mentoring and training sessions are conducted for the students by the donors and various eminent personalities for overall growth and development. Regular career counseling for students is conducted for eﬃcient choice of career.
Through its on-going efforts, Yuva has awarded 1000+ scholarships (out of which 25 scholars are studying in 4 IITs i.e. Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, & Guwahati).
Gems of Yuva Unstoppable
Izma Banu Saiyed, daughter of a teacher, one of Yuva’s many scholar students scored 99.99 percentile in HSC Science and is the topper of Gujarat HSC Science 2018-19.
Vaishnavee Panchal, scholarship awardee, scored 99.99 percentile in HSC Commerce and is the topper of Gujarat HSC Commerce 2018-19.